004 Berry’s Birthday Meme


My first "Monday Meme"


Hello everyone!

When I started this blog, my idea was to share only some of my daily looks by using pictures and simply leaving the credits. But.. the truth is that I've always wanted to do one of the Strawberry Singh's "Monday Memes", and since this is the first Monday of my blog, I decided to put a bit more of effort and take the chance to finally do it. :)
So before we continue, I want to say two things... first,  Happy Birthday Strawberry! ♥ ... and last but not least, please excuse my bad English. ^_^

Ok, in this opportunity, Strawberry gives three different alternatives from which we can choose.

  1. Answer the following questions about your own real life birthday.
  2. Take any of the pictures of me shared in this post and pile them up, either by photoshopping them however you please or turning me into a meme.
  3. Create your own birthday meme and share it in the comments (of her post) so we can all possibly participate.

"Whatever you guys decide to do, I would love it if you shared it in the comments and got us all involved."

Personally, I wanted to make two of the three options. I made my own "birthday meme" and I am not really sure if it looks like a meme. Hmm.. I think I failed xD but it looks fun, so.. there goes my attempt. lol
And.. I also decided to answer the questions, because I found out of very interesting things while I was searching about the day May 20 (which is my birthday).. that probably are worth to share. Here it goes...


  1. When is your birthday? - May 20. (as the picture says I am 30 this year) D: LoL
  2. Pick one person who shares your birthday and share what you know about them. - Astrid Kirchherr, she is a German photographer and artist, well known for her association with the Beatles. After her graduation she started studying Fashion Design (like me). She was very talented taking black and white pictures, so the school's main photography tutor, convinced her to switch into a photography carreer. In the 60's she met and fell in love with Stuart Sutcliffe, who at that time was a member of the Beatles (bass player). She is not only the author of many of the most memorable pictures of the Beatles, but also she accidentaly influenced the style and aesthetics of the band. Luckily I found an audio of an interview made in 2008 and it's really interesting so I leave here the link :)
  3. List one notable event that took place on your birthday. – Levi Strauss and Jacob Davis receive patent for blue jeans. I studied this in History of Fashion, but I did not remember that they got the patent on May 20. :) Jacob Davis was a tailor, and one of the regular customers of Levi Strauss. In 1872 he developed a method of making work pants with metal rivets on the stress points, to make them stronger. But he didn't have enough money for the necessary paperwork, so he suggested that Strauss provide the funds and the two men get the patent togheter.  The "Improvement in fastening pocket-openings" was the innovation that would produce blue jeans as we know them, and also it would help to create the "waist overalls". Berry Interesting... xD
  4. Tell us about a holiday that falls on your birthday. – World Metrology Day celebrates the signature by representatives of seventeen nations of the Metre Convention on 20 May 1875. The Convention set the framework for global collaboration in the science of measurement and in its industrial, commercial and societal application. The original aim of the Metre Convention – the worldwide uniformity of measurement – remains as important today as it was in 1875.- I didn't find any interesting holiday (at least for me) on my day, but I guess it was a very productive day, haha. 

Ok... that was my first monday meme! Yaay! :P 
Please look at Strawberry's blog and read her full post there. It was a nice experience to blog about this, so thanks Berry for your ideas and see you all soon in the next post.

Tsuki ^_^









4 comments:

  1. So happy you joined the memes, I hope you end up doing more! And isn't it great learning more about our birthdays? I never put any thought into it before. Thanks again for participating. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true! I am new at blogging and I do it as a hobby, but I will definitely do many more of your memes in the future. ^_^

      Delete
  2. LOL I've celebrated my 29th a few times now ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha. It's so weird for me.. in RL I feel like I am an old soul. But as soon I log into SL, I'm a teenager again. xD

      Delete

 

Twitter

Flickr Photostream

Created with flickr badge.

Plurk

BlogLovin'

Follow on Bloglovin